TPG Community

Get online support

Support number not answering

skozzy
Level 4

My home nbn internet has not been working all day, I did manage to once contact support but since then no one is answering. The service status page says there is not issue, not past 24 hour issues and no planned outages for Strathpine. Please what the hell is happening. Progressively over the past 3 weeks I have been getting drop outs, and now a whole day without the internet, I dont want to pay for something I am not receiving. I need regular updates or someone to come fix it, not a drone on the phone saying 24-48 hours and we will update you. Strathpine 4500 is the area is there any issues there or is it my internet, the people next door don't seem to have any issues and they too are on HFC connection like me but with another providor.

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @skozzy,

We understand that you were able to reach our Tech team yesterday and the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation.

A possible fault within the NBN network has been detected, but will require further assessment if an NBN technician is needed to resolve this.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

skozzy
Level 4

Thanks, but why no offer for alternative internet, like giving us extra data on our mobile plans to keep going, Im sure you are still going to charge us a regular monthly bill even though we don't have the home internet working. And an update in 24-48 hours or poor, specially when you can update the service status page very easily. I been checking on it since the internet went down and its now 48 hours and it still doesn't show an update for where I live. I have also been on the NBN website where it said up to 10 day to repair, and another site that monitors NBN status and shows a little bit of info. TPG being my providor I would expect a bit better communication.

Anyhow, what is the proceedure now to have this months internet bill reduced since we are not getting a full month of service. Or come someone grant my wife and myself mobile services with extra data or free data during this time. 

Ahra_G

We truly apologise for the inconvenience this has cause, @skozzy

Our support queue can indeed sometimes become lengthy and we try our best to be as responsive as possible. 

Furthermore, while we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee an uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service. There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

We reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times. There were no notification our Status page as there are instances that the outage and/or maintenance affects only few customers and we also gather these information from NBN which normally changes time to time. I realised that SMS were being sent by our Technical team to keep you updated with the progress. 

Our main focus is to ensure that we keep in touch with NBN Co to expedite the resolution of this connection issue, 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @skozzy

I can see that your service is now up and running though there will still be a possibility of service interruption as the routine maintenance commences. This is being done for optimisation and to improve the stability of the nbn network.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to reach out again. 

Thanks!