TPG Community

Get online support

Switched to plan "NBN Cable Superfast" (100/40) but only getting 25/5

SOLVED Go to solution
whipray
Level 3

After being on NBN12 for the last 18 months I decided to increase to NBN100 so that I can backup some data to a cloud service.

On 2019-03-11 I received the confirmation email that the change was in effect (Subject: "NBN Plan Change Completed (3739745)"). Excited, I logged in and confirmed that my plan was now "NBN Cable Superfast", so I ran a speed test (https://www.speedtest.net/result/8103090241):

fast.png

Awesome. I was briefly very satisfied. However, after a few days I noticed that my large uploads were taking much longer than I expected. So, I ran a number of speed tests at different times of the day between 2019-03-15 and 2019-03-20 and the results have been consistently showing a connection limited to 25/5. 

Screenshot from 2019-03-20 21-19-06.png

The first result (taken 2019-03-11 16:00:00) clearly shows that my connection and equipment are capable of acheiving 100/40, but something has gone terribly wrong since then.

Nothing has changed on my side since the plan change was put in effect. 

What is wrong with my connection? When can I expect to get back the 100/40 that I am paying for?

Thanks,

whipray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
whipray
Level 3

Thanks @BasilDV Just ran a speed test to confirm:

speedtest result: 94.35 Mbps down, 37.35 Mbps upspeedtest result: 94.35 Mbps down, 37.35 Mbps up

Nice! I am, very happy Smiley Very Happy

Thanks very much.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @whipray,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have reviewed the account.

It seems that the account is not fully marked off after upgrading to the NBN100/40 speed tier.

We've raised this with our Accounts team and will provide you with the update once available.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

whipray
Level 3

Thanks @BasilDV that sounds promising.

I'm looking forward to hearing the update.

Cheers,

whipray  

BasilDV

Hi @whipray,

We would like to inform you that the account is now fully marked off and the speed should reflect the 100/40 Mbps speed tier of your NBN plan.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

whipray
Level 3

Thanks @BasilDV Just ran a speed test to confirm:

speedtest result: 94.35 Mbps down, 37.35 Mbps upspeedtest result: 94.35 Mbps down, 37.35 Mbps up

Nice! I am, very happy Smiley Very Happy

Thanks very much.