TPG Community

Get online support

Sync/speed/packet loss

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @treffo,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager and provided the case progress.

At the moment your service has been raised to our Engineering Team for further tests and investigation. Rest assured feedback will be provided by the assigned Complaints Resolution where is possible.

Regards,

treffo
Level 4
Hi again, just wanted to see if any progress. My kids have been complaining that YouTube is dropping out and retrieving project files from school has stalled a heap. It has been noticeably worse today. We are resorting to mobile hotspot Smiley Happy
Shane

Thanks for getting back to us @treffo. I will pass this to the assigned complaints resolution case manager for additional details and request for urgent feedback tomorrow.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @treffo,

We can see that you have been in touch with one of the case managers who has discussed the progress of the case.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

treffo
Level 4

Hi again.

I spoke to NBN support who let me know they are not technical support but handle scheduling, complaints and so on for the hooking up of NBN.

The gent who I spoke to and I can't remember his name, he was very helpful and as it turned out another happy TPG customer. 

He outlined a process which sounds similar to what has been tried. He mentioned that a complaint needs to be lodged to NBN.co regarding the stability of the line and the timeframe this has been going on, with multiple faults lodged regarding the same recurring issue.

With that in mind he said it would be reasonable to request a change to a different node or even the outside cable being replaced as this is an old area and that may also be a factor.

He also mentioned that the TIO route would also look to TPG initially and NBN.co "eventually".

He said a complaint lodged via the service portal was not visible on the system however the multitude of requests to get NBN.co to look at it were on there.

I was jumping for joy earlier to notice my connection had been up for 1 day 9 hours or so and while the upload speed ahd decreased over that time it was still connected.

15 minutes ago it cut out and reconnected. There is no pattern at all with this fault.

Any help is gretly appreciated.

The gentleman also gave me a reference number for the contact (yesterday 29 August) 03713917

thanks

Shane

Thanks for additional details, @thefraserhouse I am glad to know about the improvement of your connection.

I will pass this to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager for additional reference.

Updates will be provided by the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager where is possible.

Regards,

treffo
Level 4
If possible to pass on to the technical support, the connection is stopping continuously. It says disconnected but not a single thing has changed. Have power cycles the router, same issue. This is significantly worse.
Shane

Hi @treffo,

We've seen that one of our Engineers tried to call you earlier today to provide the fault update. We'll pass this to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager and will request a feedback from our Engineers tomorrow.

Please confirm your best contact time and should we use the same contact number ends with *446.

Regards,

treffo
Level 4
Hi Shane, any time after 10am and the 446 number is perfect. Thank you again.
Riezl

Thanks @treffo. We'll advise our Engineering Team.