TPG Community

Get online support

TPG NBN FTTN Frequent Connection Drop-Outs ...

Shane

Hi @Locd,

The issue is still under assessment by our Engineering Team. We'll pass this on to them for additional reference and request for a feedback tomorrow via SMS or Phone call.

Regards,

Erika

Hi @eoxsoft,

I can see that your case has been raised to our Engineering team.

After assessment, they've identified an issue with the line being controlled by NBN Co. With your SMS confirmation, NBN tech has been arranged tomorrow, Tuesday, 12 February 2019, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

Their technicians advise of a possible need for entry to the premises to finalise the connection. This means we require you or a person over 18 years of age to be home for the appointment.

Once the job order has been completed, our Engineers will be updating you via SMS or phone call.

If you ever need additional help, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Locd
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G / @Shane,

I can see that connection has been stable for the last few days, BUT the download speed has also been dropped to 15Mbps (MAX). I have not received further updates since 14/2.

Can you advise what is happening as the download speed is unacceptable for NBN50.

Thanks & Regards.

Shane

Hi @Locd,

Based on the latest update on file, one of our Engineers has been in touch with your last and provided the escalated case progress. We are advised by NBN Co. That the issue will be rectified on or before the 26th of February. Further updates will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call.

Cheers!

john1
Level 2

I also am getting frustrated at the frequent dropouts being experienced lately. They seem to last about 10-20 mins and affect not only the NBN service but Foxtel and any streaming service. In answer to my infrequent complaints to TPG about this annoyance, their explanation was:

(!) the power company was supplying insufficient power to the system :-)

(2) the NBN was "refreshing the Line" also :-)

I would just love to have uninterrrupted viewing for a change but dont think the NBN

up to it

Shane

Hi @john1,

Welcome to the community!

We are sorry to know that you're having troubles with your connection. We are able to locate your account using your community details and seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and initial test shows that there is a known issue with the network controlled by the NBN Co.

The known issue in your area has been fixed and your service has been connected for 9h 46m with a passing speed on the line. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Locd
Level 3
UPDATES.....
Well, after almost 4 weeks of patiently working with TPG the situation got a lot WORSE! Connection drops out more frequently and download speed reduced to 3-9mbps.
On the 26/2 when the issue was expected to be resolved I was advised by TPG that an NBN needs to access the line on the premises. An appointment was scheduled on Sat 2/3 but at 6:00PM on Friday 1/3 TPG advised NBN doesn’t have technicians on weekend, the earliest is Tues 5/3. Why didn’t they let me know that on 26/2 but wait till the last minute?
Seems like TPG has been giving me the run-around. My patience has run out and will seek assistance from the ACCC.
PS. Posting this comment via Telstra mobile as connection keeps dropping out!
BasilDV

Hi @Locd,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Our Engineers tried to book the earliest schedule available that they've seen on the system, however, we were advised by NBN Co yesterday (1st of March) that they don't have a technician available on a weekend, which is why they've rescheduled the visit on Tuesday instead.

We'll notify our complaint resolution team; Customer relations, which will handle your complaint. An assigned case manager will be in touch via E-mail or phone call within 24 to 48 working hours to discuss your concern further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

cjlennard
Level 2

I have been following this discussion with interest as I am also experiencing connection drop-outs on nearly a daily basis, with each drop-out lasting 10-20 min.  When it is connected, I am happy with the connection speed I am getting (around 44 Mbps on an NBN50 plan).  I am using a TPG modem and I can make available modem log files that relate to some of the drop-outs.

I am a bit nervous about reporting this as others have indicated that attempts to rectify the problem have made the problem worse, with significant reductions in connection speed.

Regards,

Chris

Rica_R

Hi @cjlennard,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're saddened to hear about  the drop outs you encountered with the service.  We'll be happy to look into this for you.

We'd like to have a better understanding of your situation, can you please send  us a message with your TPG account details and we'll have a look on your connection to know the reason of the drop outs. We look forward to working this with you. Thanks.