TPG dropout

meradox
Level 3

Daily, random TPG failure since installation about 10/7 ago. Wifi signal unchanged.

How to resolve? I want uninterrupted broadband.

11 REPLIES 11
stephen284362
Level 2

I've been having the same issues, either very slow or dropping out altogether. 

Asked them about it today, said they would have the technical team call between 12pm and 1pm. Guess what??? No call.

What a joke, happy to take money every month but not ptovide the service.

BasilDV

Hi @meradox,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've tested the line and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

Did you notice any changes on the lights of your NBN NTD ARRIS box when the connection drops out?

Also, we've reset the connection remotely to give it a fresh start. Let's observe the service if the dropouts will recur.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @stephen284362,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise if you were not able to receive any call from our team.

We've reviewed the notes and it appears that the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation, which usually takes 24 to 48 hours before they contact you to provide an update. They've identified that the fault is within the external copper network and requires a Telstra technician to investigate and resolve the issue.

Telstra have told us they have booked a technician to check your TPG service anytime between now and 12/Oct/2019. Your attendance is NOT required.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

stephen284362
Level 2
So as it stands, I have no service from TPG which I am paying for, and cannot utilise other services dependant on TPG’s service which I am also paying for (online streaming services). Plus the inconvenience of being unable to work from home as intended. Has there been any offer of compensation for the cost of any of theses services? No, just that I have to wait.
BasilDV

We understand the importance of your service @stephen284362.

However, while we endeavour to make the service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service. There are many factors outside of our control which affect the services, such as but not limited to; the performance of third party suppliers and equipment and force majeure events.

Our Engineering team will be the one who will discuss the compensation as soon as the case has been resolved.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @meradox

We've monitored the account and it seems that the service is still dropping.

We'll raise this with our Engineering team for further investigation and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours via Phone call or SMS once an update is available.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @stephen284362

It appears that the service is back and showing a stable connection.

The Telstra technician was able to attend the job and resolve the fault within the network.

Our Engineering team will be in touch with you to discuss this further.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

meradox
Level 3

Thanks BasilDV, sorry, don't know about changes to modem lights.

I think you may have fixed it though. No aware of any dropouts today.

meradox
Level 3

BasilDV, thank you for for keeping tabs on it. TPG has booked a technician visit tomorrow! Will log back in to let know the outcome.