TPG Community

Get online support

TPG email account inaccessible with Thunderbird 78

david64
Level 15

Hi odyssey.

You shouldn't have to enter your password each time. Your TB setup may be wrong. Your password has to be set in TB. The article mentioned by moderator should fix the password issue.

If you got the TLS business worked out, keep those settings.

DigbyJones
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

That article you linked advocates using a none secured connection - which is bad.

The other comments made about changing the Thunderbird config are better than what TPG support has suggested.

kgwilly
Level 2

Thanks....  "security.tls.version.min".   change 3 to 1 worked for me....  saved me waiting 47 hours for tech support to get back to me as happened on the last contact... ie for the same reason on wife's PC. .. unfortunately, I had not made notes as the tech walked me through the correction. Smiley Very Happy fosss

charlesmitchard
Level 2

Made all the changes and can now recieve emails but still cannot send them, it produces the following error message,

"Sending of the message failed.
Failed due to unexpected error 80004005. No description is available.
The message could not be sent using Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.tpg.com.au for an unknown reason. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again."

david64
Level 15

Hi charlesmitchard. What settings do you have for sending mail (SMTP)? Port number and security setting?

And is it set to use same username and password as incoming?

denisei
Level 2

Hi

Dumb question.....

I'm trying to fix the whole "peer using unsupported" blah blah blah

I don't seem to have an "options" button in my "tools" tab.....what the hell am I doing wrong

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.49.55.png

Thanks

Denise

david64
Level 15

Hi Denise.

This might be of help: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1159162

Else, you could send a message to one of the users in this thread who got it working, or one of them might reply anyhow.

charlesmitchard
Level 2

Hi David 64,

thanks, that was it, the user name hadnt set.

All working now.

thecoles01
Level 2

Has there been an update to this? I'm hoping (and waiting) on a solution

BasilDV

Hi @thecoles01

Welcome to the Community!

Currently, we advise our customers to use the workaround given. It is posted here: TPG email account inaccessible with Thunderbird 78

Look for the comment from David1010, that will give you instructions for the workaround.

Further updates will be posted as soon as it becomes available.

Stay safe.

BasilDV