TPG Community

Get online support

TPG email addresses are moving to The Messaging Company???

adsll0l4
Level 3

At least that's a clear statemnt of what to do - if you want to!

les_tim
Level 2

I find this very disappointing. Is this is a trend among ISPs? I shall be investigating.

We have been with TPG or many years and not had too many problems.

However, if we choose to stay with TPG, (which is not at all certain now), I would like to know, when we will see the lowering of our monthly charge to reflect the lessening of our service?

Ascidian99
Level 4

The support comment that all email aliases will be treated as proper address and can be transferred to the Messaging Company doesn't seem to fit with the email received today notifying closure of web hosting support.

It  lists our three services that will be impacted, 1) our server name 2) our alias (or slave?) email addresses of a@tpg.com.au and b@tpg.com.au and offer Ventral IP as an alternative.

Not sure how two separate companies with different addresses can both support mail addresses of @TPG.com.au.

(as mentioned above we move our web hosting service 5 weeks ago and TPG are still trying to sort out why emails sent from within TPG to our hosted web address don't escape the clutches of the TPG email system and bounce back from an internal server). 

ps to Moderator, are any of these comments getting back to senior management?

marcoferraro
Level 2

So first they got rid of our webpages, now its our emails? Anything left? How long before they get rid of their internet service altogether?

Clohessy
Level 2

Simple solution.....leave them b4 they leave youSmiley Happy

vrinkstay
Level 2

I think it will probably be determined by how many transfer, and they don't know that yet.

https://projectfreetv.onl/
https://waplus.win/
GrantM
Level 2
@BasilDV wrote:

We are still looking into the clarification of the query and will provide updates once available.

It can't be that hard to get an answer for this question, are aliases migrated or not. 

Most people have multiple alias email accounts so this can't come as a surprise to TPG that people (your customers) would want to retain the ability to continue to use the aliases they have set up and actively use.

Please answer so we can make a call on how to progress with this migration.

Do we need to migrate each individual alias or just the main account email.

pharg
Level 2

Ive been with TPG since dialup days in june 1995

and its a great shame they are closing the email service - what service provider does not supply email

karenjh
Level 3

So now a week later and I am still not receiving a verification code from TMC to register my interest in transferring my email.  I have spent over an hour on different browsers trying to register but no luck.  TPG any ideas as TMC do not respond when I send a message via their "Contact Us" button.  This is very disappointing and not encouraging.  Let's hope that if emails do get transferred that the new system actually functions appropriately.  Your assistance is requested.

sean_t
Level 2

TPG this is wrong totally wrong.

I have started a petition regarding this

https://chng.it/ht5qGkBMMw

I am also going to take this matter further to the TCO. By default an internet provider must provide a basic level of service including an email address. TPG wants to transfer this service to a third party provider thus slugging tpg customers another charge they didnt signup for.

NO TPG we wont stand for this.

You already outsourced all your customer service to Manila PH and now you want to cut more services.

NO WAY. Ive been a customer for 20 years now.