Technical support

roufe037
Level 2

Just recently had an issue with accessing to the tplink modem home page in order to access to the setting of the modem (192.168.1.1). Also I had an issue with Wifi connection.

I did call technical support. Was waiting 1.5h. Finnaly the Support person (Raymark) called me back  at 19.30.

We spoke maybe 40 minutes. He was just asking the same questions during that time (5 questions).Finally he admitted he cannot help me at all, because he doesnot know what to do and the superviser is not available.

Finaly he told me that maybe it is a good idea if I can ask my son to help me who is 11 years old and he asked me why I need to access to the modem settings.

I am with TPG nearly 8 years I just surprised that the level of knowlege, customer care and problem solving ability decreased so drammaticaly for the last year.

Regards 

Felix

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @roufe037,

We're sorry to know about this experience and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll pass this on internally.

We have created an article on how you can set up and access the TP Link VR1600v modem.

How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem

For customers having issues with the Wi-Fi, we recommend having a read of these community articles, which may help resolve their concern:

Let us know if we can  be of further assistance.