TPG Community

Get online support

The server response was: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User xxxxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to

scanstat
Level 2

Hi,

As is typical, I can receive email on my mac but when I try to send, kaboom

"The server response was: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User xxxxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse"

I am overseas and I changed my password but no luck. I presume my email needs to be removed from some type of bad buy list but who to contact?

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @scanstat . Being overseas, are you trying to use an email client on your Mac using an overseas internet connection? The TPG mail server will reject you in this case. The Post Office (webmail) should work.

If that's not it, you could send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au with your details and the error message.

Shane

In addition to @david64's response, you may also check this article that you may find helpful.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Hi,

"The server response was: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User xxxxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse"

I am overseas and I changed my password but no luck. I presume my email needs to be removed from some type of bad buy list but who to contact?

scanstat
Level 2

Hi David,

Thanks for responding. I used to be able to send email from my desktop while overseas until about 3-6 months ago. The website is not mobile friendly. I will email postmaster@tpg.com.au.

regards

scanstat
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I sent a message to postmaster@tpg.com.au and they fixed it.

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that the email issue has been resolved! 

Hi,