TPG Community

Get online support

Thunderbird ver 78.1.1 and above Troubleshooting

BasilDV

Hi @thecoles01

Welcome to the Community!

Currently, we advise our customers to use the workaround given. It is posted here: TPG email account inaccessible with Thunderbird 78

Look for the comment from David1010, that will give you instructions for the workaround.

Further updates will be posted as soon as it becomes available.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

zackii
Level 3

When will the security be upgraded?  I have been waiting 6 months!!

I am not prepared to assume all the risk for no security, and I understand that the problem affects other email clients, so I can't just change from Thunderbird to Outlook or other.

I was going to put up a poor review on Product Review, but I see about 5,000 people have already given TPG a ONE star review.  How can I escalate this to management?

thecoles01
Level 2

Please provide us (the customer) with a timeframe for this to be resolved. The "work around" is not feasible when it comes to security. 

A timely response would be appreciated.

Thanks

whey1004
Level 2

Yes I would also like to know if TPG are upgrading to TLS 1.2 and taking their customers security more seriously.

whey1004
Level 2

Any Updates on this I have been waiting a long time.

Shane

Hi @whey1004

Right now, no update yet on when to upgrade the TLS to 1.2. We'll make announcement when it becomes available here in community.

Regards,

Any Updates on this I have been waiting a long time.

adslp6ko
Level 2

Has the server been updated to allow TLS=3. ) My Thunderbird appears to be sucking down emails now. Maybe this is fixed.

Shane

Hi @adslp6ko

At the moment, no update yet on when to upgrade the TLS, we'll post an announcement for any update related here on our community.

Cheers!

Has the server been updated to allow TLS=3. ) My Thunderbird appears to be sucking down emails now. Maybe this is fixed.

peterk
Level 3

Just reading this thread based on setting an account up for one of my family members and running into the same authentication security issues.

TPG this is POOR!!

I have been a customer for a long time, 15-20 years.  This is not exceptable in this day and age, when SECURITY is a primary concern.

Peter