TPG Community

Get online support

Tpg packet loss and disconnects

SOLVED Go to solution
achilleseel1
Level 2
For the past 2 months on and off I've been experiencing really bad packet loss and disconnects 2-3 times a day. What's worse is when contacting customer support i get the run around. One person rang me and said I only had 2 disconnects during the day so they were going to close the ticket. I clearly need someone from the nbn to come out and look at the connection however tpg do not send anyone out. Ive been trying consistently for the past 2 weeks and im seriously considering changing ISP.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @achilleseel1

Based on the recent update from the lodged fault, another NBN Tech is set to visit on Tuesday, 29 December 2020 between 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. 

Please ensure that you or someone of legal is present during the visit. 

You may reply to the SMS sent by our Engineering Team should you have further queries or requires assistance. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @achilleseel1 ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service, we'd like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. I was able to locate the account using your community details and ran an initial test at the same time.

The result shows a possible line fault affecting dropouts and slow connection to the service. We will raise this to our Engineering Team for further handling and investigation, assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call using the contact number that we have on file.

We apologise for any inconvenience, Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@achilleseel1 wrote:
For the past 2 months on and off I've been experiencing really bad packet loss and disconnects 2-3 times a day. What's worse is when contacting customer support i get the run around. One person rang me and said I only had 2 disconnects during the day so they were going to close the ticket. I clearly need someone from the nbn to come out and look at the connection however tpg do not send anyone out. Ive been trying consistently for the past 2 weeks and im seriously considering changing ISP.

achilleseel1
Level 2
Since my initial post i have had a tpg technician come out to the house only to say the problem is with the nbn in my area. I have consistently had my internet drop out at 8am and return at 4pm. I see that tickets that I lodge get closed as problem solved and I am still yet to see anyone from the nbn arrive.
Ahra_G

Hi @achilleseel1

Based on the recent update from the lodged fault, another NBN Tech is set to visit on Tuesday, 29 December 2020 between 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. 

Please ensure that you or someone of legal is present during the visit. 

You may reply to the SMS sent by our Engineering Team should you have further queries or requires assistance. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G