TPG Community

Get online support

Trash Internet during the PEAK HOURS

hoju222
Level 2

Your internet connection is trash between the peak hours (around 7-10pm)

I've been experiencing this during the peak hours EVERY SINGLE DAY when I game.

I heard that this is your issue with the CVC which allows more users than usual during the peak hours. 

Wifi 5G http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/00124070-7fd1-11ea-9e3f-3fa914d7fcc1

Wifi 2.4G http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/410f36f0-7fd1-11ea-bba4-43d887b7ecb7

The game ping goes around average 300 ms during these hours, your download speed is shown on the screenshots above. I do not have an ethernet cable so don't ask me for results with the ethernet cable. 

Your product MUST provide us the advertised average of 45MBps no matter of cable connection or wi-fi connection. 

Either fix this issue or refund us the starting fee that we had to pay for this useless internet that gets slow during the most important hours.

5 REPLIES 5
RajenS

Hi @hoju222 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

marcusXXX
Level 2

I have just started having this same issue all of a sudden too. As soon as it hits 7pm, my ping on speedtest.net goes from a nice 5ms to around 200ms instead. Been trying to deal with phone support about it, but they never get back to me when they say they will and they never do anything to fix the issue.

Hopefully there is some way of sorting it out, because it makes games unplayable at night which is when I am gaming the most.

RajenS

HI @marcusXXX 

R u using wifi to your Game machine?

Thanks 

Rajen 

RajenS

Hi @marcusXXX 

In recent days I have seen lots of issues like this.
most of them are due to high traffic interference on wifi,
and games servers overloaded by too many players.

please always use the LAN cables to Games machine,
can you please do this test when you experience ping issues,
(in my experience, TPG never experience Traffic issues, because TPG use their own fibres from NBN gateway)

please run these tests from the command line, from your pc by using LAN cable to the router (not wifi)

ping tpg.com.au
tracert google.com
travert google.com.au

please Pm me the results,

Thanks
Rajen

marcusXXX
Level 2
Nah it definitely has nothing to do with either of those things. My console is connected directly to the modem via LAN and there is no other devices connected to WiFi at the time of the issues. It isnt game servers being overloaded by players either as the servers have player limits for that reason. This issue persists every day at the exact same time and has nothing to do with the end user which is pretty obvious, it is on your end. I have even spoken to phone support who agreed it was on their end and said tech support would call me within 24 hours but I never heard anything from tech support.