TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to send email on VPN

SOLVED Go to solution
signda
Level 2

When I am logged into my VPN (on an Sydney server) the TPG mail server rejects my emails from Microsoft Outlook.

I get

Task 'XXXXXX@tpg.com.au - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Is this a policy of TPG or a problem?

It is very annoying having to shut down my VPN just to send an email!

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @signda . Did Outlook ever work when using VPN?

What port and security setting are you using?

If using port 25, try port 587.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @signda . Did Outlook ever work when using VPN?

What port and security setting are you using?

If using port 25, try port 587.

Shane

If the issue still persists, we suggest to raise this to our postmaster for real-time test and investigation, you can send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au

When I am logged into my VPN (on an Sydney server) the TPG mail server rejects my emails from Microsoft Outlook.

I get

Task 'XXXXXX@tpg.com.au - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Is this a policy of TPG or a problem?

It is very annoying having to shut down my VPN just to send an email!

Thanks,

David

signda
Level 2

Wow! No it's never worked but changing the port id sorted it straight away!

Many Thanks!

Why 587?

David

david64
Level 15

@signda . You'd have to ask the VPN provider why they block port 25.

In Outlook, you can try a security setting of STARTTLS for encryption for sending and receiving.

Reading1
Level 2

I Have also been having lots of trouble sending emails with my VPN over the last 3-4 months, i thought it may of been my VPN. I have been using the same VPN provider for 5 years and never had this issue before. I have loooked into changing my port to 587 and that doesnt work either?  So tell me why does it work intermitentaly ? 

Ahra_G

Hi @Reading1

We'd recommend to send an email directly to our PostMaster:  postmaster@tpg.com.au

That way, you can provide more information that the team would need for further investigation. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G