TPG Community

Get online support

Upgraded from NBN12 to NBN25, Download improved, Upload remains the same

SOLVED Go to solution
kendra69
Level 2

So i just upgraded from NBN12 to NBN25.

The download went up, the upload sux big time, see screenshot.

Isn't it supposed to go up (unofficially) to about 5Mbps ?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
orbistat
Level 8

@kendra69 wrote:

Hi @kendra69 Your modem is very likely to have bandwidth control set for your previous 12Mbps service. Log in to your modem and in advanced settings you'll find bandwidth control, change the upload setting from 970 to 4970 and save the setting.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @kendra69

25Mbps can reach an upload speed of up to 5Mbps. However, please be aware that once devices are connected, the upload speed will be divided to all devices connected to your modem. 

We would suggest running a speed test on a computer connected via Ethernet (while other devices are disconnected) for us to narrow down and check the actual upload speed of your line. 

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Ahra_G

kendra69
Level 2

Indeed I ran the speedtest as shown on my screenshot (see original post) using a PC connected via Ethernet to the TPG supplied router.

I've sent you a private message with my a/c details.

BasilDV

Hi @kendra69

We receive the account details and likewise replied to it.

BasilDV

orbistat
Level 8

@kendra69 wrote:

Hi @kendra69 Your modem is very likely to have bandwidth control set for your previous 12Mbps service. Log in to your modem and in advanced settings you'll find bandwidth control, change the upload setting from 970 to 4970 and save the setting.

kendra69
Level 2

Hi orbistat, you are probably correct but I didn't know that, as this bit of information is not provided in the TPG page for customers when we upgrade. TPG only mentions power cycling the line.

Anyway a remote TPG tech handled the issue already, and I've gone up to 4.7 Mbps now, YAY!