Upload Speed

Smokey
Level 2

How does upload speed scale with download speed on your NBN Plans? 

What is the basic evening upload speed on the NBN12 and NBN50 plans?

15 REPLIES 15
BasilDV

Hi @Smokey,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We no longer provide an indication of upload speeds as part of the product specifications, however, I can advise you that the TPG plan NBN12 speed tier is configured with 1Mbps upload and the NBN50 speed tier is configured with 20Mbps upload.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

j_k
Level 2
Level 2

I have just started a 50Mbps NBN plan with TPG. The download is around 40Mbps, so reasonable. But the upload is only 0.8 Mbps. I've turned off other devices in the home. What is my next step to resolve this?

Riezl

Hi @j_k,

The actual speeds for the service may be slower and vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG.

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We'd recommend having a read of this community article, which may help you check if the speed you're getting at the moment is within acceptable range.

This also includes troubleshooting on how the speed can be improved.

Slow speed issue

If you are connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi, this article may help as well : Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

j_k
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you. I get the same results with an ethernet cable, so I'll try to contact support.

ck16
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV,

Are you able to tell me the upload speed configured for your NBN100 plan?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris

Allicit
Level 2

The biggest issue right now is that there is simply not enough bandwidth in some areas for the required upload demand. So i doubt the issue is your equipment or the devices connected. There is an obvious issue with upload capacity right across areas of the network.

Some locations in sydney are managing no more than less than 5Mbs (upload) across all plan types on various providers. The providers must fix this issue urgently by working with NBN to address this congenstion which is only affecting upload speeds and only affecting users during working times from about 8.30am until 7.30pm.

BasilDV

Hi @ck16

Our NBN plans and their configured upload speed.

• NBN 12 speed tier - 1 Mbps Upload
  • NBN 50 speed tier - 20 Mbps Upload
  • NBN 100 speed tier - 40 Mbps Upload

BasilDV

ck16
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV,

Awesome thank you!

I'm currently a TPG ADSL2+ customer and NBN is coming to my area on 15th of May.  When I move over to a TPG NBN100 plan, will my home number move/port across with the service?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Chris

BasilDV

Hi @ck16

If your current Phone number is with another provider, then you need to advise our team that you'll port it while processing your NBN order.

If your phone provider is TPG, then it will be ported to your new NBN service automatically.

BasilDV