TPG Community

Get online support

Using TPG Home Wireless Broadband at home, but my speeds have been very slow. How can I improve my speeds?

newuser16
Level 2

So I couldn't provide all info in the question, but during waking hours my internet speed is generally around 200kb/s as of late. Naturally I am quite unhappy with this, and if it can't be resolved I'm considering switching providers.

During normal sleep hours I used to often reach 2Mb/s, but this has been happening less and less frequently of late. 

I'm not sure what's going on honestly. I swear my speeds were noticeably better a couple months ago, but nothing has changed that I would think could impact my speeds, unless TPG starts to reduce your speeds as you download more.

Anyway, any help appreciated. Would love to get this resolved.

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @newuser16,

In order to confirm if you are getting a slow connection speed, you may check this directly with your modem/router.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection when you tested the speed? This article might help you troubleshoot your speed issue:

We also recommend on  having a read on the following articles below:

If the issue persists, let us have your Customer ID/username via private message so we can have our Tech team to perform troubleshooting along with you.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

So I couldn't provide all info in the question, but during waking hours my internet speed is generally around 200kb/s as of late. Naturally I am quite unhappy with this, and if it can't be resolved I'm considering switching providers.

During normal sleep hours I used to often reach 2Mb/s, but this has been happening less and less frequently of late. 

I'm not sure what's going on honestly. I swear my speeds were noticeably better a couple months ago, but nothing has changed that I would think could impact my speeds, unless TPG starts to reduce your speeds as you download more.

Anyway, any help appreciated. Would love to get this resolved.