TPG Community

Get online support

VERY DISAPPOINTED - LEFT ON HOLD FOR OVER 3 HOURS

alexjev
Level 2

I contacted TPG the other day for 2 reasons.

1. to check why our internet speed is no faster than previously despite upgrading to top level speed

and

2. After discovering that we have been charged for over 12 months for a mobile account that was cancelled in January 2019 I wanted to seek a refund on the charges.

There was the option of a call back.  Was surprised when I received a call within minutes. I explained the first reason for my call and was told I needed to be transferred to another department. No problem, so I wait, and I wait and I wait..........

3 HOURS 2 minutes on hold. I gave up and hung up  At no time was I given any option to leave a message or request a call back.  This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, Corona impact or not.

VERY DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST!!  And my queries are still unresolved.

5 REPLIES 5
KarlB

Hi @alexjev 

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

alexjev
Level 2

How do I send PM

KarlB

Hi @alexjev 

You can send me a PM by clicking on my username "KarlB" above and clicking "Send a Message"

Regards,

Karl

willoughby111
Level 2

Checked the NBN and we are not affected by anything but still no service.

Waited for about an hour then someone answered the phone for about 10 seconds then cut off. After that called again and only hearing recorded message saying "we are unable to immediately assist your inquiry" and hung up automatically!!!!

VERY DISAPPOINTED INDEED!!

Ahra_G

Hi @willoughby111

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

I've ran remote tests and have not detected any connection or signal. The issue is now raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ahra_G