TPG Community

Get online support

What's up with my nbn speed?

SOLVED Go to solution
mcoetzer
Level 2

I am supposed to be on the top NBN FTTN Superfast plan (I am sure paying for it) but am only getting 19.6 Mbps down and 36.9 Mbps up speeds at 03:22 am in the morning. I am supposed to get 95Mpbs typical evening speed on the plan I am on.

What is going on?

Seems like the TPG speed went down the drain when nbn removed the 40% CVC headroom....

tpg.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @mcoetzer 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

The modem is getting a good connection speed with 106 Mbps Downstream and 43 Mbps Upstream. You may confirm it on the modem interface. Check this article for the guide: How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection when you tested the speed? We've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue. Check this link.

If you are using a WiFi connection, then signal interference may have caused the issue. Refer to these articles to improve your home WiFi network.

Let me know how it goes.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @mcoetzer 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

The modem is getting a good connection speed with 106 Mbps Downstream and 43 Mbps Upstream. You may confirm it on the modem interface. Check this article for the guide: How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection when you tested the speed? We've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue. Check this link.

If you are using a WiFi connection, then signal interference may have caused the issue. Refer to these articles to improve your home WiFi network.

Let me know how it goes.

BasilDV