TPG Community

Get online support

Why is my work email marked as "JunkMail rejected" by tpgi.com.au?

Alexmeg
Level 2

Why is my work email marked as "JunkMail rejected" by tpgi.com.au?

I can still receive email but all my outgoing emails are going nowhere.

I have tried both my email host smtp and Tpg's own smtp host.

I get the "JunkMail rejected" alert when switching over to my private smtp host... but get "mail delievered" from TPG's smtp.... but mail were never delivered.

I didn't realise all my emails went no where until my boss complained about not receiving my work

Pls see attached "Alert" when I switch to my private smtp host.

9 REPLIES 9
JayeshP9

Hi Alexmeg,
I suggest better to set up your email again with setting from below link.

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/emailsetting

regards

JayeshP9

Alexmeg
Level 2

I have double checked my mail setting already; apart from nominating my work email server as incoming, the out-going smpt has always been set to "mail.tpg.com.au".

The setting have been working fine until a week ago. Work email is still coming in OK but none of my email is going out.

JayeshP9

Hi Alexmeg,

Can you send me your  customer ID, Username and service address? So i can send request for investigation.

Regards

JayeshP9.

JayeshP9

Hi Alexmeg,

I believe DNS may be an issue then try changing to a different DNS to see if that helps Changing DNS for Windows 10

1. Windows Logo

2. Type network

3. Select Network Status

4. Click on change adapter settings

5. Right Click on the adapter you use to connect to the Internet and select Properties

6. Left click on Internet Protocol Version 4

7. Click Properties

8. Enter the IP address for either Google DNS 8.8.8.8 or TPG DNS 203.12.160.35

Click OK and test again. If you are still having an issue then check for routing issues

regards

JayeshP9.

david64
Level 15

From the error panel, it looks like spamhaus.org has the ip address 194.223.40.95 blacklisted, for some reason. I think this is your external ip address, which is probably dynamic. Possibly someone who had that address before you has done something bad. The person Alexander may have to arrange that to be fixed. You might try turning your router off/on and see if you get a new address and resend.

Alexmeg
Level 2

Thank you for your valuable comment.

I've sent many emails to my work (bosses and colleagues) and not one had reached the destination. FRUSTRATION !!!

Now I have to call each intended receiver to white-list a particular IP address; thinking of that gives me a headache already...sigh.

But my extrenal IP is from TPG. Shouldn't they look into that instead?

david64
Level 15

Is there a person at your work who manages all the gmail accounts? They might be able to get it fixed. Or one of your recipients.

Did you start getting this error soon after your router may have rebooted and got a new ip address?  Your TPG usage log or router log might help with this.

If the two aren't related, has your mail usage changed? Gmail has rules for blacklisting ip addresses.

david64
Level 15

How are you going when sending emails to non-work recipients using TPG mail server? 

What happens if you send an email to work via Post Office instead of your mail client?

It may be a combination of having a dynamic ip address and using your own mail server and requiring smtp authentication mentioned below. 

Here is info from spamhaus.org:

Ref: PBL1734718
194.223.0.0/18 is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL)

Outbound Email Policy of The Spamhaus Project for this IP range:

This IP address range has been identified by Spamhaus as not meeting our policy for IP addresses permitted to deliver unauthenticated 'direct-to-mx' email to PBL users.

Important: If you are using any normal email software (such as Outlook, Entourage, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.) and you are being blocked by this Spamhaus PBL listing when you try to send email, the reason is simply that you need to turn on "SMTP Authentication" in your email program settings. For help with SMTP Authentication or ways to quickly fix this problem click here.

See also: http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/Spamhaus%20PBL

Removal Procedure
If you are not using normal email software but instead are running a mail server and you are the owner of a Static IP address in the range 194.223.0.0/18 and you have a legitimate reason for operating a mail server on this IP, you can automatically remove (suppress) your static IP address from the PBL database.

About The PBL
The Spamhaus Policy Block List ("PBL") is an international anti-spam system maintained by The Spamhaus Project in conjunction with Internet Service Providers and is used by Internet networks to enforce inbound email policies. The PBL database lists end-user IP address ranges which should not be delivering unauthenticated email to any mail server except those provided for specifically for that customer's use. The PBL lists only IP addresses (not domains or email addresses).

Alexmeg
Level 2

Thank you david64 for your kind assistances.

Your info of "SMTP Atuthentification" is spot on. Emails seems to be getting out at this stage. Why the sudden need to have this change in the last fortnight baffles me.... all this hassles in the middle of a lock down is salt on an opened wound.

I'm holding my breathe until all my out-going emails have reached their destinations.... 

Thank you again for your help. Please stay safe and healthy in these uncertain times.