TPG Community

Get online support

Your NBN broadband shaped account metering is completely broken. Please fix it ASAP.

Catfish
Level 3

I have a 50GB/50GB shaped NBN bundled account. A number of the following issues have been regular problems for the past 2 years, and the service is getting worse:

• no 80% usage warning e-mail notifications since March 2024.
  • have received throttle e-mail notifications when not throttled.
  • have received no throttle e-mail notification when I've been throttled.
  • mismatching usage values between the usage details, usage bar and comparison graphs in the My Account control panel. Which one is correct? Are any of them correct?
  • now the comparison graphs and usage details tables in the control panel are missing entirely, and are displayed as broken links (see screenshots).
  • now (as of the last few days) we have off-peak usage (2:30am-8:30am) being rolled into peak usage values to result in me being throttled for 3 days during my last subscription period. Because of early heavy off-peak usage, it looks like I'm on a trajectory for early peak throttling in the current subscription period. This is totally unacceptable. If TPG is unable to differentiate between peak and off-peak usage, and make the corrections, then usage values need to be reset for all customers affected. Any customers who have been erroneously throttled are entitled to a partial refund.

I've been with TPG since 2002. There's been a general decline of services over the past couple of years. The 30MB webspace is no longer supported. E-mail services have been terminated. During this period, the cost of the plan rose 10%. Typical corporate progression. Cut quality of services for short-term savings absorbed by executives and shareholders. Time to move on I think.

4 REPLIES 4
Jacob_Bowz

We've loved having you around @Catfish, we'd love to keep you around. We're keen to get a closer look at your account and check out your NBN plan and notifications.

Send us a private message and we'll get on top of things.

Catfish
Level 3

Done, but these issues clearly affect multiple accounts. TPG has been aware of the most serious of these issues (off-peak usage logged as peak) for at least 7 days, and it's still broken.

I see that the 80% usage warning e-mail notification is now working in some capacity, because I just received one thanks to the above issue. The broken comparison graph and usage logs (Display Usage link) in the My Account control panel have been restored. [Edit: However, the values under the usage bars display downloads only, when they should be downloads + uploads. Based on the pattern of notifications I've received, it appears that the 80% warning and throttle notifications are linked to the downloads + uploads value. The value used to determine throttling appears to be based on downloads only - maybe I shouldn't be complaining.]

adib_rahmang

I've responded to your DM, @Catfish 

Catfish
Level 3

I've had a near-unusable (16kB/s) peak hour (8:30am-2:30am) Internet service for a total of 2 weeks (11 days for the current subscription period + 3 from the previous) because of TPG's off-peak logging fault, and it's still not resolved. They've known about the problem since at least 5/10/2024, but here we are. The downward spiral of TPG continues.

I did receive an e-mail on 23/10 from TPG Helpdesk telling me they'd 'escalated this to the relevant department', so what are we looking at? Christmas?