TPG Community

Get online support

Your NBN broadband shaped account metering is completely broken. Please fix it ASAP.

Catfish
Level 3

I have a 50GB/50GB shaped NBN bundled account. A number of the following issues have been regular problems for the past 2 years, and the service is getting worse:

• no 80% usage warning e-mail notifications since March 2024.
  • have received throttle e-mail notifications when not throttled.
  • have received no throttle e-mail notification when I've been throttled.
  • mismatching usage values between the usage details, usage bar and comparison graphs in the My Account control panel. Which one is correct? Are any of them correct?
  • now the comparison graphs and usage details tables in the control panel are missing entirely, and are displayed as broken links (see screenshots).
  • now (as of the last few days) we have off-peak usage (2:30am-8:30am) being rolled into peak usage values to result in me being throttled for 3 days during my last subscription period. Because of early heavy off-peak usage, it looks like I'm on a trajectory for early peak throttling in the current subscription period. This is totally unacceptable. If TPG is unable to differentiate between peak and off-peak usage, and make the corrections, then usage values need to be reset for all customers affected. Any customers who have been erroneously throttled are entitled to a partial refund.

I've been with TPG since 2002. There's been a general decline of services over the past couple of years. The 30MB webspace is no longer supported. E-mail services have been terminated. During this period, the cost of the plan rose 10%. Typical corporate progression. Cut quality of services for short-term savings absorbed by executives and shareholders. Time to move on I think.

3 REPLIES 3
Jacob_Bowz
Community Manager

We've loved having you around @Catfish, we'd love to keep you around. We're keen to get a closer look at your account and check out your NBN plan and notifications.

Send us a private message and we'll get on top of things.

Catfish
Level 3

Done, but these issues clearly affect multiple accounts. TPG has been aware of the most serious of these issues (off-peak usage logged as peak) for at least 7 days, and it's still broken.

I see that the 80% usage warning e-mail notification is now working in some capacity, because I just received one thanks to the above issue. The broken comparison graph and usage logs (Display Usage link) in the My Account control panel have been restored. However, the values under 'Current Period Usage Details'/usage bars and the comparison graph still do not match (unless, of course, it's not logging anything at all, ie, off-peak), and it appears to be the latter that is used to determine the threshold for throttling. This needs to be fixed. The value in the comparison graph also more closely matches the values in the usage log table.

adib_rahmang
Community Manager

I've responded to your DM, @Catfish