TPG Community

Get online support

Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured

pdmcnally
Level 2

Hi support, 

My NBN was set up today (HFC) and the NBN technitian said it was working before he left and told me I could cancel my old Optus service. Once I cancelled my Optus service the internet has not worked since. I recevied an email at 5pm stating my service was active. All the correct lights are on - both the NBN black box and the TPG modem. I have tried turning them on and off again, and trying every 30 minutes but I am getting the same message showing "Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured". I have tried all of the trouble shooting tips on your article "troublshooting your internet connection". I also spent 2 hours on the phone this afternoon to both TPG and NBN and no one could seem to help until I received my activation email (which I now have). Can you please advise asap.

Thank you, 

Debra

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @pdmcnally 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that the service is already active. The modem is trying to authenticate with the NBN server, however, the configuration of it is incorrect.

We've created an article that will help you on how to set it up. You may check this link: How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV