TPG Community

Get online support

email settings not working to add into spark....

tk
Level 2
Level 2

You a right, finally, a simple admission that TPG is simply not as great as the other larger email providers and cannot do what they do would have sufficed rather than the insistence that TPG does just fine as a stand alone email provider....  I will transfer my TPG email to another than can do what I want it to do... thanks anyway.

orbistat
Level 8

Keeping your spam traffic off TPG's mail servers will benefit all other users, thanks for that Man Wink

tk
Level 2
Level 2

Oh, I forgot to mention to all those searching for the same solution, you CAN have an IMAP account with TPG for a measly $40 a year.... Good luck TPG

BasilDV

Good day @tk,

You are right, our IMAP email only account is priced from $40 a year. Refer to this link for more information.

The free email that we are providing our customers, which comes with their Internet service is a POP3 email only.

Kind regards,

bobalo
Level 2

I really just only registered here to inform everyone that I had the same problem (different provider - this came up on google as I was searching for the solution).

After hours of trying to find the problem on my IMAP/SMTP server I realized that Spark is a piece of ** app and has a messed up DNS resolver. Our server's DNS name did not work when you input it in the app, but if you put it's IP address everything works without issues. Spark eat ** honestly. 

I do apologize for my bad language, but I was upset for all the wrong reasons. Also OP is an **. 

Tyler_wb
Level 2

I have just SOLVED this exact problem which was driving me insane for about 2 hours so I thought I'd share...

Turns out everything I was inputting in the fields was correct. However, there appeared to be an invisible space after pasting the email server (i.e: smtp.ionos.co.uk) into the relevant field. When removed it worked fine. Maybe it is a similar issue for you guys. 

eltaj
Level 2

I googled this issue and this response was problem solver. Indeed, the space bar at the end of the sever name was the issue. Thanks!

Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Feel free to post should you have further queries, eltaj.

jokins
Level 2

Hey thanks a lot for that! This issue was driving me nuts. I was only having a problem with being unable to SEND any e-mails from my Android phone. Wouldn't send anything, but it used to send ok until at least 6 months ago, maybe longer... So, finally common sense prevailed - decided to search the TPG support site here and immediately found your message. I left the incoming port at 110 (because no problem receiving e-mails, only sending). Entered 587 into the outgoing server's port and BINGO: all messages sent quick as a flash!