TPG Community

Get online support

email settings not working to add into spark....

orbistat
Level 8

When you add an email account to the iPad it should give you the option of directing it to the IMAP server as per screenshot

tk
Level 2
Level 2

I don’t have the email setup on my ipad, thats why I wanted to use a client.... gmail is my main email account....

tk
Level 2
Level 2

I haven’t added any of the other email accounts I use to my iPad settings?  Do I have to to be able to add TPG to Spark Email client?? I wouldn’t have thought so as gmail is my main....

orbistat
Level 8

I don't see any reason to use a 3rd party email client when the integrated email in iOS works fine with everything, I use it for my main TPG pop3 account, a gmail and a hotmail account. Keep it simple. 

tk
Level 2
Level 2

No explanation why IMAP appears as an option... AOL, Yahoo and Hotmail all work flawlessly within SPARK.  I guess TPG is not a serious candidate as an email provider that can integrate like the “big players”..... Oh well, I’ll try to find another that can.

orbistat
Level 8

My question is why use spark at all? It's only an issue with spark, TPG's email works flawlessly on my Windows PC and my iPhone and iPad, what can spark do that other email clients can't?

tk
Level 2
Level 2

Spark is my “Leisure/Game” email collector.  I don’t want the emails from these pursuits in my main email account, there is enough crap that gets through there already....

orbistat
Level 8

You can totally manage seperate accounts within iOS

image.png

tk
Level 2
Level 2

Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn’t ALL unread email appear in the email app??  I don’t want that....

orbistat
Level 8

Mate, seriously, this thread is going nowhere, find your own solution to your multitude of spam.