TPG Community

Get online support

limit internet bandwidth for individual users

SOLVED Go to solution
fitzsscott68
Level 2

We have 3 users sharing a single service and were wanting to limit the bandwidth/speed that each user can have so that all users have equal speeds. This is mainly for downloading/streaming of videos etc.

We have a TPG modem have looked through the setup sections but are not that tech savy so dont want to tinker too much. any advice greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tonystork
Level 5

@fitzsscott68 wrote:
Thanks... we have a TD-VG5613 300Mbs Wireless N VoIP VDSL modem router

Yo @fitzsscott68 I tried to search for your modem/router's wireless feature and here's what I got. Correct me if I'm wrong coz' I wasn't able to find the exact reference for your modem but I tried to use TP Link's TD-VG3631

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-14-31.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-15-17.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-15-49.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-16-21.png

I'm not sure if this interface is the same with your TP-Link but it seems it doesn't have that option where we can control the wireless bandwidth.

Unlike this TP-Link Archer VR2600

NEWTPLINK.pngnewtplink2.png

As you can see above there is an option where we can control bandwidth option for the wireless on 'Advanced Settings

I haven't tried it yet either as my modem/router doesn't have that option too. But in case you would like to check other option you can use this reference.

http://www.tp-link.com.au/emulators.html

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Luna
Level 5

I don't know the answer to this but this is an awesome question! 

tonystork
Level 5

@fitzsscott68 wrote:

We have 3 users sharing a single service and were wanting to limit the bandwidth/speed that each user can have so that all users have equal speeds. This is mainly for downloading/streaming of videos etc.

We have a TPG modem have looked through the setup sections but are not that tech savy so dont want to tinker too much. any advice greatly appreciated.

Yo @fitzsscott68. What's your modem/router brand and model number? Let me give it a try. I believe TPG's new TP-Link modem/router have those kind of feature but not so sure. Smiley Indifferent

fitzsscott68
Level 2
tonystork
Level 5

@fitzsscott68 wrote:

Yo @fitzsscott68 I tried to search for your modem/router's wireless feature and here's what I got. Correct me if I'm wrong coz' I wasn't able to find the exact reference for your modem but I tried to use TP Link's TD-VG3631

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-14-31.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-15-17.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-15-49.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_17-16-21.png

I'm not sure if this interface is the same with your TP-Link but it seems it doesn't have that option where we can control the wireless bandwidth.

Unlike this TP-Link Archer VR2600

NEWTPLINK.pngnewtplink2.png

As you can see above there is an option where we can control bandwidth option for the wireless on 'Advanced Settings

I haven't tried it yet either as my modem/router doesn't have that option too. But in case you would like to check other option you can use this reference.

http://www.tp-link.com.au/emulators.html

Hope it helps.

Terminator312
Level 2

Excuse me, is there any way to check current internet usage by IP and  restrict device bandwidth on Huawei HG659 router? I didn't see the network speed control option anywhere in the device management webpage. 

khushiraheja92
Level 2

My router's interface is like the second one (TP-Link Archer VR2600)

However, I don't seem to have Bandwidth Control option at all in mine. Are there extra steps to enable that? 

BasilDV

Hi @khushiraheja92

We've responded to your post here.

The said feature is not supported on the TPG provided modem/router.

BasilDV