Calling overseas

Jovkom
Level 2

We are having issues calling overseas. I have tried calling two countries and can’t get through. When I make phone call to overseas I have repeating voice from other side and no one can hear me on the other end. Our service was only changed over to TPG a few days ago. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @Jovkom

Welcome to the Community! 

Which country are you trying to get in touch with? 

You may try using this format when doing international call: 0011 + Country Code + Area Code + phone number

The links below will also provide you with helpful information such as call rates as well as country codes. 

Should you still have difficulties in making international calls, let us know of your best call back number as well as your most convenient time to receive a call so we can organise a contact to be made from our Technical Team for assistance.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Amadeoz01
Level 2

I tried to call some one in The NETHERLANDS and the call went not through. It sounded as if the number 0011 etc went, but after that it was all silence. I know I have to pay extra 21 cents/minute, but that is okay. I don't call often to another country. Is it a setting Tech Services has to do or one I can fix? Never had any difficulty before with my TPG ADSL2 contract. 
please answer per email. Thank you!

Kind regards, 

fred Scholten

BasilDV

Hi @Amadeoz01,

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the call logs, but did not see any attempt to call internationally.

If you are going to use the international calls, please try this format: 0011 +  Country Code + Area Code + Contact number

You may check the call rates and Country code here.

Regards,

BasilDV

mehmed3338
Level 2

We have the same problem when we call the UAE. This was the reason we left TPG a couple of years ago but we decided to come back so we could call our daughter in Dubai. When the calls eventually get through, I can talk for about a minute or so before I start hearing her whole conversation repeated to me. I have to hang up and call again. Sometimes I've called 4 times in a row just so I can finish our conversation. Who is recording the conversation and why is it looping? 

Riezl

Hi @mehmed3338 , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link; How do I private message (PM) in the community