TPG Community

Get online support

Getting TPG NBN Voice FXS/FXO terminated and active on your own modem/router

mpgioia
Level 3

Getting TPG NBN Voice FXS/FXO terminated and active on your own modem/router; not TPG provided modem/router .. aka locked down.

Anyone able to get this working .. where TPG have divulged SIP or H.323 service details so you can configure and activate on one's own modem ?

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi. TPGs VOIP service is only available via TPG supplied router (FTTP is slightly different). The service is "encrypted" in some fashion. 

You could get a real VOIP phone  or an analog telephone adaptor (ATA) and connect to a LAN port on the router. You connect a standard phone to the ATA. Then get a VOIP service with a provider.

mpgioia
Level 3

You could get a real VOIP phone  or an analog telephone adaptor (ATA) and connect to a LAN port on the router. You connect a standard phone to the ATA. Then get a VOIP service with a provider.

Yep.. I know I can get any external service.. like Engin etc..

Hi. TPGs VOIP service is only available via TPG supplied router (FTTP is slightly different). The service is "encrypted" in some fashion. 

Shame.. It sees me go out and buy such a service.. purely because of infrastructure limitation / TPG forcing to leverage their SOHO (exponentially less capable) equipment.. to my own .. Id rather send my subscription to TPG.. <shrugs> would do them well to revise such inflexible mandates for future..