TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone has dial tone but can’t do outgoing calls or receive incoming calls. Fttb internet is fin

mkd8
Level 2
Hi,

Ever since we got FTTB with home phone last April, we experience this problem 3 or 4x already.

When I try to call the home phone using my mobile it says the number is not correct. When i try to make outgoing calls, it just make a long beep.

This happened the first time we had the phone and was resolved only by engineering (after so many troubleshooting with customer service). They (engineering) called us to check if the phone is working. Then the ff day it wasn’t working again then we had to report. Then they (enginering) fixed it again. Then 2 weeks ago we discovered again that we are not able to receive incoming calls again and reported to hotline but they kept on telling us to reset the modem again and again. They said they will investigate because i think the engineering team did something before to make it work and not just by resetting it since the internet is working. I am very frustrated with what is happening. It seems that I always have to call tpg once in a while for problems (not the only problem i had since april2019, there were more but resolved after several ff ups).
5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @mkd8 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We tried to locate your account using your community details but failed to find a match.

We want to look into your account to understand the situation.

Please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @mkd8 

Thanks for sending your TPG username via PM.

We were able to review the notes from the assigned Engineer and have learned that a reset is needed as the modem is not communicating with our server.

There's no evident fault within the TPG FTTB network, which is why the troubleshooting is necessary within your equipment.

We will request for your assigned Engineer to contact you today. Please advise us of your preferred time to receive a call as we need you to be on the premises.

Regards,

BasilDV

mkd8
Level 2
The internet is working very fine actually. It is just the phone that is not even with dial tone.

We’ve done a lot of reset already. Because the phone and internet was down last week..

But okay, will do the reset when your engineer calls. Please call around 515pm. Thanks.
Shane

Hi @mkd8

We will notify our Engineering Team and request a call tomorrow. Make sure to keep your mobile phone available and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @mkd8,

Our Engineering team tried to call you today to no avail, but they've sent you an SMS advising that the home phone is already connected to the server.

We've seen that you've responded to it and confirmed that the service is working.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV