TPG Community

Get online support

Home phone not working and Broadband internet is super slow

kellytw123
Level 2
My home is not working for a good few months now and internet has been slow as snail . We tried to call TPG but it always said due to the busy demand and we can’t manage to speak to anyone. We are still paying money to TPG every month but get no service , please advise on how to fix this .
2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @kellytw123,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

If the issue is particular with the home phone, these articles may also help :

In your case, the issue has been lodged to our wholesale partner Telstra and they have booked a technician to fix the line fault affecting the service.

kellytw123
Level 2

The engineer came to our house to fix the phone line, but the internet still not working. He asked me to call TPG to set up to authorize us to use 'third party equipment', he said we should be using TPG modem but we never get a modem in the first place. We've been with TPG so so many years and the ADSL 2 is always slow, no one told us about the issue for so many years, we contacted TPG support before and they didn't tell us the modem is an issue. 

The engineering technician fixed the phone line and the phone is now working. But the internet is still not working.

I'm trying to call TPG and the phone said the phone support is not on and we need to use online support request. 

We just need our internet to be working, if we're paying for something that not up to standard, this is just not fair!