TPG Community

Get online support

Landline - no dialtone

reg1ment
Level 2

Finally 3 months after my house move, I received notification last Thursday that my NBN FTTC SL Bundle was now active. It is supposed to include the telephone landline.

Alas, my landline, which worked perfectly fine until this 'activation',  hasn't worked since. All I can hear when I lift the receiver to make a call is a faint crackle. When I dial, nothing else but the same faint crackle.

I've contacted TPG 3 times but a week has passed by and I haven't so much as received an acknowledgement, let alone a solution. 

This nneeds to be fixed immediately.

Cheers,

CB 

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @reg1ment,

Welcome to the community!

Sad to learn that you're having issues with the phone service, we did an article that you may find helpful. This will guide a basic troubleshooting on how to fix the phone issues, please see the link below.

Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

Finally 3 months after my house move, I received notification last Thursday that my NBN FTTC SL Bundle was now active. It is supposed to include the telephone landline.

Alas, my landline, which worked perfectly fine until this 'activation',  hasn't worked since. All I can hear when I lift the receiver to make a call is a faint crackle. When I dial, nothing else but the same faint crackle.

I've contacted TPG 3 times but a week has passed by and I haven't so much as received an acknowledgement, let alone a solution. 

This nneeds to be fixed immediately.

Cheers,

CB 

reg1ment
Level 2

I have is  NBN FTTC SL. It isn’t listed in the three links given in the article you referred me to. So completely unhelpful.

I repeat. The phone connection was working perfectly well until someone ***at your end*** fiddled with something during the 'activation' process.

Subsequently, there was some sort of fix but that lasted a week.

On Wednesday, completely dead line.

Since yesterday, I have a dial tone, I can dial out, the telephone rings, but when they pick up at the other end all I can hear is a feint crackle. They speak, I hear nothing. I speak, they hear nothing.

If they try calling back, they get a “call failed” notification.

I've contacted help desk (twice), each time I'm told someone will respond within 4 hours - nothing ! 

Contacted engineers directly at techops@tpg.com.au - again, no response whtever.

Yours sincerely

BasilDV

Hi @reg1ment

We've tested the line and was not able to detect any fault.

We've refreshed your connection remotely, please test the service once again and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

reg1ment
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

Every number I now try calling any mobile or landline, it returns a “busy” signal. Even Telstra’s 13 22 00 

So no, it still isn’t fixed.

Cheers

BasilDV

Hi @reg1ment

Thank you for the update.

We'll arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV

reg1ment
Level 2

Hello BasilDV 

I'm sorry, you need to contact me by email. I don't have another phone.

Cheers

BasilDV

Hi @reg1ment

Please send me a PM with your preferred email address to be contacted by our team.

BasilDV