TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN connection keeps dropping out, phone line 1 not connected

cmoss91
Level 2

Hello,

I'm having a reccuring problem with my NBN dropping out. It seems this time that the phone line 1 isn't working. Is this a service provider or line issue, or an issue on my end? This has happened every few weeks. I haven't had interenet for about 4 days now I believe. I have used the reset button on my modem, along with resetting it numerous times before that and turning both my phone and the modem off at the wall before resetting after a few minutes. The phone line 1 light is turned off, the DSL light is flashing intermitently.

Thanks,
Chelsea.

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @cmoss91

Welcome to the Community! 

We apologise that you have been faced with some difficulties with the service. I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and have detected some errors on the connection. 

I have raised the issue now to our Engineering Team for further investigation and an update should be provided within the next 24hrs. Please ensure to still leave your modem connected and turned on at all times for testing purposes. 

Furthermore, kindly send us with your best contact number, preferably a mobile number via private message so we can forward it to their team for reference.

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

BasilDV

Hi @cmoss91 

Our Engineers was trying to call you to no avail.

Are you able to send a PM with your preferred time and best mobile number to be contacted? The only number that we have on the account is your home phone number which is unreachable.

Regards,

BasilDV

Charliexwc
Level 2

I experienced TPG NBN internet connection intermittent dropping out every day.

Ahra_G

Hi @Charliexwc

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

I've managed to run remote test on your connection and have detected that your session is working for more than a month now which means the line is stable. 

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call so we can have our Technical Team to assist you further. 

Regards, 

Ahra_G

Charliexwc
Level 2

I use an ethernet cable to connect to the router/modem when I experienced the internet intermittently dorp off issue 

BasilDV

Hi @Charliexwc

We understand that you've been in touch with our Tech team and the case has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV