TPG Community

Get online support

NBN - Phone not receiving calls

SOLVED Go to solution
PG
Level 2
Level 2

Following a successful installation and configuration of NBN FTTC all works well except that the previous Telstra land line is not recieving calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi PG, 

Welcome to the Community! 

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and can see that your modem is connected for 3 days now.  

Though the internet is already working, the installation has not been fully completed. I will raise this to our Provisioning Team first thing tomorrow for the completion of installation. Please ensure that the physical set up is all good to ensure that the homephone will work right after the installation is completed.

Kindly check this article: NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

We'll be in touch as soon as an update becomes available. Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ahra_G

Hi PG, 

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and can see that your modem is connected for 3 days now.  

Though the internet is already working, the installation has not been fully completed. I will raise this to our Provisioning Team first thing tomorrow for the completion of installation. Please ensure that the physical set up is all good to ensure that the homephone will work right after the installation is completed.

Kindly check this article: NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

We'll be in touch as soon as an update becomes available. Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hello @PG

The installation of the service has now been completed and the phone service is successfully registered. 

If your homephone still doesn't work, please let us know so we can have our Technical team to assist you. 

Cheers!

raederb1937
Level 2
We have the same problem.
Ahra_G

Hi @raederb1937

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and have ran remote tests. The type of NBN service you have requires an internet access for the homephone to work. 

Based on the recent update on your service, you have requested to port your number over from your previous ISP hence incoming calls are not working as the porting is still in progress. The process normally take 1-5 working days starting from the date the service got activated. 

Your outgoing calls should still work except for the incoming. 

Regards. 

Ahra_G

chefren
Level 4
I have the same problem and also international calls not working when paying for extra
Shane

Hi @chefren,

Welcome to the community!

This is a common issue when you upgrade from ADSL2+ to NBN. The old ADSL2+ handset is usually connected to the wall socket compare to NBN that needs to be connected to our supplied modem/router [Phone 1] and if you have NBN-FTTP it should be on UNI-V1 or UNI-V2.

We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you with basic troubleshooting for the home phone issue.

Note: If you ported your old number from ADSL2+ to NBN, porting may take 1-5 working days. Make sure to keep your old ADSL2+ service active until the porting is done.

Cheers!

chefren
Level 4
Shane, the troubleshooting link gives me an "access denied" error. Also all this doesn't apply as it was working fine for 2 weeks after all installation and porting confirmations. And it only stopped working after my previous provider finalised the cancellation of my old service. Now I can only dial to Australia and not receive any calls. When dialing to my number I get a "number disconnected" message. How can it be disconnected and dial out? Still international calls don't work.