TPG Community

Get online support

NBN outage, modem/line reset, now no home phone

johnlaidler
Level 2

Yesterday an NBN serviceman managed to rebuild my connection after two days of outage.

My modem settings (mainly WiFi stuff) were lost, and now there is no phone line showing in the modem, so phone doesn't work.

Account no. 609XXXX

Please advise.

John

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @johnlaidler

Your homephone relies on your internet therefore, any issues on your internet service may also affect the phone service.

Based on the remote test, there appears to be no evident line issue which can be service affecting. In addition, the homephone is provisioned to work on phone port 1. 

Here are a few Community articles on which you can refer to for basic troubleshooting:

If the issue persists, let us have your most convenient time to receive a call so we can have our Technical Team to contact and assist you. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

johnlaidler
Level 2

Thanks Ahra,

I confirmed that the phone is connected to Phone 1 on the modem.

But the phone does not appear on the opening page of the modem's interface settings. And I can neither make nor recieve calls.

Thank you for the offer to call me. Tomorrow (Monday 22 Feb) after 4pm? You will need to call my mobile phone. I believe you have that number.

John

Ahra_G

Thanks for confirming, @johnlaidler

I have set the call back tomorrow, 22 Feb 2021 at 4pm onwards. 

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Cheers!