TPG Community

Get online support

NBN phone no dial tone

SOLVED Go to solution
anna9
Level 2

Hi TPG

I have NBN with a phone set up and lately it has no dial tone when I pick up the phone.   If someone else rings me from their handset it rings a long time until it hangs up.  I can't answer the phone cause I can't hear ringing.

I tried resetting the modem and nbn and tried pulling the port cables in and out etc but nothing is working?

Do I need a technician to come out?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @anna9

Welcome to the Community! 

We have created an article for this type of issues associated to Homephone: Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service 

I've managed to locate your account usng your Community details and there appears to be no line fault that is service affecting. Your homephone relies on your internet which appears to be working, too. 

Nevertheless, I have organised a call back to be made from our Technical team today for further assistance. 

Kindly wait for the call today. 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @anna9

Welcome to the Community! 

We have created an article for this type of issues associated to Homephone: Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service 

I've managed to locate your account usng your Community details and there appears to be no line fault that is service affecting. Your homephone relies on your internet which appears to be working, too. 

Nevertheless, I have organised a call back to be made from our Technical team today for further assistance. 

Kindly wait for the call today. 

Thanks! 

anna9
Level 2
Thank you so much.
We went through the troubleshooting and it was the telephone line cable that was faulty. Just need a new one now.
The phone has a dial tone now and we can call though .
Thank you for the quick reply.

chichrie
Level 2
That solved my issue, too. Thanks for putting it on community
Shane

Yay! Glad to know that the guide help you fixed the phone issue. Feel free to explore the community for more guide.

Regards,

That solved my issue, too. Thanks for putting it on community