TPG Community

Get online support

NOT GOOD ENOUGH TPG! :(

Aussie
Level 2

It is far from good enough that I have to ring customer service TPG 2 to 3 times before TPG finely get around to changing my landline/home phone number to a NEW one.

I rang on Friday the 15th of February 2019 to request a NEW landline/homephone phone number and the customer represenative from TPG assured me at the end of the phone call with him it was all set up and READY TO GO and that I would have my NEW landline/home phone number connected by Tuesday morning the 19th of February 2019. 

Tuesday morning 19th of February 2019 came around and I still had NO NEW PHONE NUMBER connected in place of my old phone number/landline number which I also still have through TPG!

So I rang the TPG customer service AGAIN to find out what in the stuff had happened to my NEW phone number for my landline/home phone to be told YET ANOTHER DIFFERENT STORY from the female TPG customer service representitve who answered my call.  I was told I would have to wait ANOTHER BLQQDY 48 HOURS TO HAVE MY NEW LANDLINE/HOME PHONE NUMBER CONNECTED in place of the OLD PHONE NUMBER I also still have with TPG!  THIS IS FAR FROM GOOD ENOUGH AND A BLQQDY DISGRACE OF TPG TO TREAT ANY CUSTOMER OF THEIRS LIKE THIS that had already WAITED MORE THEN 48 HOURS for a new phone number to be connected by TPG. Smiley Sad

This is NOT THE FIRST TIME I have had this problem with the TPG customer represenatives who fail to do their job PROPERLY THE FIRST TIME I RING IN and I am sure other customers are having the same problem.

Hence I should NOT have to wait ANOTHER 48 HOURS on top of the 48 hours I had already waited for

in order for TPG to get their act together in order to change my phone number to a NEW one simply because the FIRST TPG customer representative did NOT do HIS job properly in the first place and whats the bet I will have to call the TPG customer representative service to chase up/complain YET AGAIN AFTER having waited a further 48 HOURS from NOW and still not having my request for a NEW landline/home phone number completed AND GETTING YET AGAIN A COMPLETE AND NEW STORY when I have just been told for a SECOND TIME by a TPG customer representative that I would have my NEW landline/home phone number installed in place of my old TPG homeline/landline phone number in 48 HOURS FROM NOW the 19th of February 2019!

I am HIGHLY thinking of changing from TPG to YET ANOTHER INTERNET AND TELEPHONE PROVIDER WHO OFFER A FAR BETTER SERVICE THAN YOURS!

TPG were once out standing but have NOW by far gone down hill compared to what they use to be.

This is sad to witness.  Sorry guys but enough is enough!

Thank you.

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @Aussie

Welcome to the Community! 

We thank you for raising this concern to us. Learning about your recent experience is not something that we take pride in as this is not the type of service we aim to provide. We're definitely here to assist! 

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and based on the history, the original request was back in 15 February. The standard timeframe for changing a homephone number is 1-3 working days however,  due to some unforeseen delays, the request has not been processed on the day it was requested but we already chased this with our Admin Team to expedite the process. 

We'll continue to monitor the progress of the case and be in touch as soon as an update becomes available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Good day, @Aussie

Hope you're doing well. 

The phone number change has been successful. We have sent you an email containing your new number.

Despite the setback, we hope the resolution has helped in making the experience with TPG a bit better. 

Should any assistance arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

dshobbin
Level 3

I would say your lucky - I can't get anyone to answer my call - TPG customer service = 0

BasilDV

Hi @dshobbin

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the account.

The order for the NBN was made on the 24th of January and still in progress. The account is not yet active, which means that the billing cycle is on hold.

The usual installation time frame for the NBN service is within 2 to 30 working days and notification will be given once active.

You may track the installation of your service here.

If you need any assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV