TPG Community

Get online support

No home phone signal but Internet works

SOLVED Go to solution
soniakim67
Level 3

There is no dial tone or any noise when I pick up the home phone. I get a busy signal when I dial my phone number from a mobile phone, but the Internet works (but increasingly becoming slower I think). I have unplugged all phones, then tested each one by one on different wall sockets, but there is just dead silence. I think this has been going on for several days.

Is this something TPG can check to see what's wrong, or should I call for a phone technician? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Good day @soniakim67.

Welcome to TPG Community!

We checked your account and was not able to detect any issues on the network. I've run some test and refreshed your line connection. Are you able to check if the Homephone will start working now?

If it's still not working, please shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted so I can pass it on to our Tech team.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Good day @soniakim67.

Welcome to TPG Community!

We checked your account and was not able to detect any issues on the network. I've run some test and refreshed your line connection. Are you able to check if the Homephone will start working now?

If it's still not working, please shoot me a private message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted so I can pass it on to our Tech team.

Kind regards,

soniakim67
Level 3

Hi, thanks so much -- the phone works now! Again thanks.

BasilDV

Great! Glad to be of assistance @soniakim67.

Have a great day. Smiley Happy

barresig
Level 2

still no dial tone

i have turned off/on the modem & phone and still no dial tone

also while overseas our emails stopped sending but could receive

Ahra_G

Hi @barresig

Welcome to the Community! 

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If the issue is particular with the home phone, these articles may also help :

For the email issue, kindly check out this article:

Setting up email on your Iphone and Android phones

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ahra_G