Phone connection

pamckane
Level 2

I received a new TP-Link VX220-G2V modem yesterday, after setup my phone will not connect to modem. All other lights come on. 

I have retried on old modem and it works.

6 REPLIES 6
Aubrey

Welcome to TPG Community @pamckane!

Are you having trouble connecting your phone to the wifi network or are you connected but can't access the internet? Is this the same with your other devices?

Let's check the connection status when the new TP-Link modem is connected. Please send us a private message with your customer ID or username. 

Thanks! 

pamckane
Level 2

Internet is working just phone not connecting.

Since posting have rang tech support. They have now recitified fault ,everything is now working.

Aubrey

Awesome! Glad to to hear that! 😊

StanChan
Level 2

Can you tell me how do they fix it ??

I have the same problem, I received my vx220-g2v modem to replace the faulty vr1600v yesterday. After connection, the internet is working but the phone light does not come up and I have NO phone service. I have sent BasilDV a PM but no reply yet.

Stanley...

gibson7
Level 2

How did tech support fix the issue?

BasilDV

Hi @gibson7 

If it's a replacement device, there's a possibility that the account needs to be updated with the replacement details for the bundled VoIP.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details for us to raise your concern with our Tech team.

BasilDV