Phone number invalid

SOLVED Go to solution
tony
Level 2

My phone is bundled with NBN and has been working fine. Now when you try to call a message will say the number is not valid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @tony

Can you check if the handset is properly connected to the TPG Modem or NBN connection box?

If you're on NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node),FTTB (Fibre to the Building),HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), Fixed Wireless service, the handset should be connected to the TPG supplied modem (Phone 1 or Phone 2) and the VoIP light indicator on the modem should be solid green.

What's the status of the VoIP light indicator?

If the VoIP light it OFF or Flashing Green, try to restart the modem and see how it goes after 2-3 minutes.

But if you're on FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) service, the handset should be connected to the NBN connection box provisioned UNI-V Port (UNI-V1 or UNI-V2).

If there's no dial tone, press and hold the NBN connection box reset button until you see the lights on it flash.

Should the issue persists, send us a private message with your account details so we can check the status of the phone service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @tony

Can you check if the handset is properly connected to the TPG Modem or NBN connection box?

If you're on NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node),FTTB (Fibre to the Building),HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), Fixed Wireless service, the handset should be connected to the TPG supplied modem (Phone 1 or Phone 2) and the VoIP light indicator on the modem should be solid green.

What's the status of the VoIP light indicator?

If the VoIP light it OFF or Flashing Green, try to restart the modem and see how it goes after 2-3 minutes.

But if you're on FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) service, the handset should be connected to the NBN connection box provisioned UNI-V Port (UNI-V1 or UNI-V2).

If there's no dial tone, press and hold the NBN connection box reset button until you see the lights on it flash.

Should the issue persists, send us a private message with your account details so we can check the status of the phone service.

Dillwynia
Level 2

I have just joined TPG and very unhappy that I cannot get a 1902 no. on my home or mobile phone. They did not tell me I would not be able to ring these no's when I joined them. I now have to consider going back to my old providor with whom I never had any problems. Cheap is not always Best!

BasilDV

Good day @Dillwynia.

Welcome to TPG Community.

We regret to hear that you've decided to discontinue the service. I understand that you were able to speak with our Accounts team and will contact you later to discuss the process.

Every information needed is posted on our website.

It is under TPG Voice Service Call Rates.

Callrates.png

Kind regards,