TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link Archer VR1600v : phone not working

SOLVED Go to solution
blaker2234
Level 3

Our phone was working fine until a day or 2 ago. NBN internet access is fine but the phone is dead (no dialtone) and ringing in from outside there is no ring tone. Have tried rebootng everything, changing the phone and the wire, and using the second phone jack but none has worked. Not sure what else to try. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaker2234
Level 3
Thanks. Yes your engineer contacted me. Very satisfied with the service and response we have received.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @blaker2234,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it appears that this case was escalated to our Engineering team.

We'll chase this with them and have someone to call you within the day to provide further updates with the case.

Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your matter and will provide you with updates where possible.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @blaker2234,

We understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and verified that there's an issue with your NBN modem, which is why the phone is not working.

A replacement modem has been requested and they'll be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

blaker2234
Level 3
Thanks. Yes your engineer contacted me. Very satisfied with the service and response we have received.
arthurnats
Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Rebooted everything and still no good. Even tried factory resetting the modem. No phone for over a week now!!! Very disappointing and I've been on hold for 30 minutes and no one is answering the support number. I wish the service was not so terrible. Can someone contact me please. 

BasilDV

Hi @arthurnats

We were able to check your account and noticed the home phone usage yesterday.

It appears to be working as you were able to use it for outgoing calls.

If you still need assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

arthurnats
Level 2
Different account to the one I am posting from. Another 24 hours and still no phone. Ticket # 10353971. Received an sms with no update. Responded to it like it said I could 7 hours ago and no response. Is there anyone there to help or are you shut down due to COVID-19?
arthurnats
Level 2
Still no update from anyone so I’ve called you. Been waiting for someone to answer for over 1 hour. Next step is to call the TIO in the morning and log a case with them.
arthurnats
Level 2
This is ridiculous. 1 hour and 40 minutes and still waiting to talk to someone. I’m hanging up now but hope my phone is fixed By the morning and somebody notifies me.
arthurnats
Level 2
48 hours later and the phone still isn’t working and no update from anyone. Are you guys still open for businesses? Ticket number 10353971.