TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP phone has dial tone but when you dial a number it does not connect

MikeBH
Level 2

I've been an NBN customer for a number of years and recently my VOIP line does not connect.  The phone has a dial tone, but there is no Phone 1 light on the modem (Archer v1600v).  When I dial a number instead of connecting to the phone I'm calling I get a long continuous tone.

Internet works fine.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Level 2

It sounds like the phone port has not been enabled. Your modem has a unique number (MAC address. on label underneith modem) that has to be registered on the system. You will need to contact TPG to resolve this

You could try photographing the label, and e-mailing it with a description of your problem to TPG.

heich
Level 3

I too have no voip after having TPG replace a faulty Huawei HG695 with the Archer V1600v modem, the internet works but no voip and same dial tone and loud continous tone when it connects and no Phone1 led.

BasilDV

Hi @heich

Thanks for raising this to our attention and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We understand that the case has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation.

We'll chase this with them and have someone to be in touch with you tomorrow to provide further updates.

BasilDV

heich
Level 3

I have spent an hour or so tinkereing with the modem settings and finally got the VOIP to work, The sstup of this Archer V1600v modem is very dawnting and there is not enough information in the setup to fully implement all functions of it. TPG should look into a much better explanation of the setup.

Regards

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @heich.

We appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our customer service.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV