TPG Community

Get online support

Want engaged or busy signal on home phone when on the phone

AndrewK
Level 2

We recently have had TPG/NBN turned on and it is working.

However our home/voice service is NOT working successfully.

Issue: When we are on the home phone and another caller calls, instead of the second caller receiving a busy or engaged signal hears various messages (diifferent each time). This number is invalid and no longer exists. or This number is not accessible.

The phone we have is a top of the line Panasonic with an inbuilt answering machine. When we are unable to pick up the phone the answering machine works perfectly.

I have investigated the TPG Call Features and they address it with call waiting or call forwarding the call to another number. These options are not possible options for us.

Can you please let me know how we can get the busy or engaged signal installed on our home line or what our options are.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Michelle

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @AndrewK,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We tried to locate your account using your community details to no avail.

We'd like to look into it for better understanding of the situation. Please PM me your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

shaneblitz
Level 2

Can the call waiting be turned off?  what is the code for this?  can tpg turn it off as i have no outbound dialling capability

Ahra_G

Hi @shaneblitz

The 'Call Waiting' feature on your ADSL service has already been disabled. 

Should you wish to have it reactivated, feel free to contact us again. 

Thank you! 

Shane

Hi @AndrewK ,

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sending us your details. We're able to locate your account and ran an initial test to your home phone service. The result shows no fault on your home phone. We'd like to have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Let us know your best contact number and preferred time.

Cheers!

shaneblitz
Level 2

Thanks, it's sad you getter quicker service through the community rather than the support site!

Ahra_G

Hi @shaneblitz

All of our support teams are doing the best they can to assist and be responsive to all customers that needs assistance. 

Nonetheless, we absolutely appreciate the feedback and always feel free to reach out should any assistance arise. 

Cheers! 

pgthomsen
Level 2

We experience the same situation: There is no busy (engaged) signal when a second caller dials our telephone number. The second caller hears a normal calling signal and thinks we are just not taking the call. This may be related to the "call waiting" feature (disabled by TPG following our request). We confirm wanting a busy signal heard by a second caller attempting to reach us and we do not want "call waiting" feature. Please resolve this. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @pgthomsen, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern. We'll wait for your PM.  Thank you.