TPG Community

Get online support

Yealink T46S VOIP settings

Goran
Level 2
Hi everyone
How do I set up this phone to use your VOIP service? Basically what are TPG settings for VOIP.
Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
kate_

Hey @Goran, you should be able to plug your new landline into the voice port on your modem and get things up and running.

If that doesn't do the trick, send me a PM and we'll check what's going on.

Goran
Level 2
Hi Kate
Thanks for the reply.
Ok so connect phone cable to the modem phone connection. Where on the yealink phone should I connect other end of the cable?
Thanks
kate_

You should find a port on the back of the phone to connect your modem to your phone.

If you're not seeing that port, you may be able to find a setup guide on YouTube to help out 😊

david64
Master

Hi @Goran . You can only use the TPG VOIP service using a standard phone RJ11 connection with a router provided by TPG. They modify the firmware to match their VOIP server. 

Unless you have FTTP where the phone connects to a UNI-V port on the NBN box.

If the Yealink is only an IP phone, it connects via ethernet to router LAN port. You need a 3rd party VOIP provider.

Goran
Level 2
Hi David
Thank you very much for explaining the situation. It is very inconvenient not to be able to use business ip phone with TPG services and i really don’t understand the reason for this limitation.
Cheers
david64
Master

@Goran . TPG say that some aspect of the VOIP service is encrypted for security, but don't explain any further. 

You can check here for business services. 

https://www.tpgtelecom.com.au/small-business