TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Internet modem not working

SOLVED Go to solution
vineethmech92
Level 2
Hi ,

I am a current NBN customer(vineethmechxx). As part of upgradation, I got 5G modem last Wednesday( 19.01.2022) and the day one onwards I am calling TPG customer care and complaining that it's not working and no 5G internet. 4G signal strength is showing on the 5G modem as yellow light with three signal bars, but not internet when connected to laptop or an mobile phone.

Today I got message from TPG that account is active (vineethmech92) and on 29.01.22 my NBN will be ger disconnected as part of the 7day 5G trial. But still now I am not getting any internet from my 5G modem and my complaint lodged with TPG (TICKET NUMBER: 12037887 closed without fixing my complaint). 

As a customer I am concerned about how you are fixing the issues as it been more than 3 days I complained and still no action.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hey @vineethmech92 ,

We're able to locate the account and confirm that our Engineering Team has arranged a Technician visit to check the status of the connection. I also noticed that you have been contacted by one of our Engineers earlier today, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@vineethmech92 wrote:
Hi ,

I am a current NBN customer(vineethmechxx). As part of upgradation, I got 5G modem last Wednesday( 19.01.2022) and the day one onwards I am calling TPG customer care and complaining that it's not working and no 5G internet. 4G signal strength is showing on the 5G modem as yellow light with three signal bars, but not internet when connected to laptop or an mobile phone.

Today I got message from TPG that account is active (vineethmech92) and on 29.01.22 my NBN will be ger disconnected as part of the 7day 5G trial. But still now I am not getting any internet from my 5G modem and my complaint lodged with TPG (TICKET NUMBER: 12037887 closed without fixing my complaint). 

As a customer I am concerned about how you are fixing the issues as it been more than 3 days I complained and still no action.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Shane

Hey @vineethmech92 ,

We're able to locate the account and confirm that our Engineering Team has arranged a Technician visit to check the status of the connection. I also noticed that you have been contacted by one of our Engineers earlier today, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@vineethmech92 wrote:
Hi ,

vineethmech92
Level 2

After 2 weeks I recieved the modem to replace the faulty one and I plugged it in & still no internet. 5g green signal all bars was blinking like it going for ever.

Looks like waiting for TPG 5G modem is going like never get fixed.

BasilDV

Hi @vineethmech92

We checked the account and learned that you've been in touch with our Tech team.

They've guided you with some troubleshooting and managed to get the internet to work.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

ChappelSullivan
Level 2
I’ve had the exact same problem. 5G doesn’t work, it’s cost an extra $120+ to use alternate data plus I’ve lost a weeks worth of work.

When I issued a complaint and concerns regarding the NBN cancellation in 7 days and no 5G they just said my internet was working fine and didn’t assist at all with fixing the internet or care about the cost and burden that this 5G internet has caused.
We don’t get more than two bars and they are always orange - I was told that I don’t have it close enough to a window, any closer and it would be outdoors.

Significantly disappointed with the product and customer service.
ChappelSullivan
Level 2
On top of this, there’s had an NBN shortage in the area and now our NBN doesn’t work at all so we haven’t even been able to use our old network to get by.
Ahra_G

Hi @ChappelSullivan

We'd be happy to assist in getting the issue resolved. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can have our Tech team to look into it. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

zorawu0102
Level 3

Hi! Same problem here. 5G been working good during trial. Just now it got disconnected and all signal bar lights are flashing non stop. Tried reboot, still the same. My account is xxxxxx, could you please look into it for me ?

alazon
Level 2
I am also having the exact same issue! Hopefully this is fixed in the morning.
BasilDV

Hi @zorawu0102 and @alazon

Are you able to check the service if it's still not working?

How's the light status of the modem/router?

BasilDV