TPG Community

Get online support

ASUS DSL AC68U on TPG HFC with phone line

Jack2316
Level 2

Hello, 

Just signed up NBN HFC with phone line also got Asus DSL AC68U modem router. If there anyway of getting this modem to work? Happy to bridge it with the VR1600V if need being to get the phone part working.

Any instructions on how to set up would be great. 

I have been researching but cant really find a definate answer on how to make it work. thanks

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @Jack2316 

Welcome to the Community!

You may configure your third party device as an access point in order for you to use the Phone service with your TP-Link modem/router.

You may check the previous threads that will give you an idea on what to do. Check these links:

You may also check the manual or contact ASUS support for further assistance.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Jack2316
Level 2

Hello BasilDV thanks for your reply. once i get the NBN installed next week i will give it a crack. 

So if i change my DSL-AC68U to access point is there anything i need to do to the VR1600V to make it work? 

Jack2316
Level 2

Hello. Sorry furthermore to above question so does that mean i leave the VR1600 settings as is when delivered to me and just put DSLAC68U to Access point only 

or do i need to change the VR1600V to bridge mode and DSL to access point for it to work but i heard VOIP will not work if bridged? 

Any assistance will be appreciated. thanks

BasilDV

Hi @Jack2316 

You don't need to change any settings on your VR1600v modem/router.

The ASUS will need to set as an access point and should be connected to the LAN port of the TP-Link.

BasilDV