TPG Community

Get online support

AX1500 (VX220-G2v v2.0) User manual

Feltipen
Level 2

Is there any chance we can get a user manual for the tp-Link VX220 modem/router?

So we can have a chance at configuring and trouble shooting our own networks?

(the last tech that was here said that anything past the modem was not in the realm of TPG's help)

TP-Link say they will not offer one as it is an ISP cusomized product

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
Angeli

Hi @Feltipen

Welcome to TPG Community! 

Are you able to find a user guide or manual in the modem box when it was delivered to you before? You may also check on TP-Link's website at https://www.tp-link.com/au/. 

Regards,

Angeli

Feltipen
Level 2

Hello @Angeli ,

Thank you for the welcome and the suggestions.

I can say difinitively, there was nothing other than a quick start guide in the box the modem the modem was supplied in.

I have also searched the TP-Link website and asked them directly. As in my initial request on here, TP-Link say they cannot supply, so it cannot be on their website, their words not mine.

TP-Link support say

"Thank you for contacting TP-Link support.

Because this model is an ISP Customized Products. That is to say, after we produce the product, the ISP company will modify the model, so many functions are determined by the ISP. So our website will not publish the user manual for this model. You can go to the website of the corresponding ISP or check the link to see if it is helpful to you:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Setup-and-Configuration-for-TP-Link-VX220-G2V-mod..."

Obvoiusly the above link is not helpfull, it is merely a quick start guide.

Can TPG supply one?

Cheers

Angeli

Hi, 

That quick start guide also serves as the modem manual and there's no other modem manual for the make and model that we sent to you. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Feltipen
Level 2

Hello again Angeli,

Thank you for replying

As I said earlier, that quick start guide is not helpful as it is fairly useless at helping with setting up the modem beyond connecting to the internet. There are a huge amount of settings and parameters that are user configurable, such as guest networks, network bands, port forwarding, black listing, address reservations, port triggering, demilitarized zones for gaming, parental controls, access controls, etc etc etc.

So to be clear?

TPG are supplying a device that does not come with a user manual at all?

Your suggestion to try tp-link ended with them telling me to try TPG!

Anone who has paid TPG for this device must just guess how to use it, beyond any basic connection setting? AND

TPG dont offer help beyond the actual connection between the modem and the ISP (TPG)?

Is there somewhere you can suggest I can make a complaint about this?

Thank you kindly

Angeli

Hi @Feltipen

I'll arrange a callback with our tech team to assist you on the modem configuration and help you with the set up. Send us a PM with your TPG customer ID or username please. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

david64
Level 15

Hi @Feltipen . If you want some theory, you can get the manual for the TP-Link VR1600 off their website. It's the original version when the router was released. TPG have removed some functions. Or, check the manuals of the better/more expensive models. Or other brands (Asus, D-Link, Netgear).

Feltipen
Level 2

thanks @david64  and @Angeli 

Feltipen
Level 2

Does TPG know that PM means private message.

So I sent you a PM as you suggested and got a response back from someone else!?

that response says
The support that our tech team can provide is only within the scope of making your internet service work

Which is what I told you I had already been told. If you aren't going to do what you say please dont offer.

adslb7e8
Level 2

Unbelievable, I got my new VX220 and there was no manual whatsoever. .. just a poststamp size GPL notice.

I have no idea what the WiFi button does and no manual can be found on TP-LINK.

This is ABYSMAL SERVICE