Hi @sumanregmi45 ,
We do not have information on how to set up Eero Mesh or recommend any specific brand. But we can provide basic settings on how to set up 3rd party / extension routers also we suggest to check on google best router extension that will fit the environment of the house.
I don't understand too much of technical things. But I have read that Eero doesn't support VLAN tagging and PPoE and have to be tweaked somehow to be used with TPG and other ISPs like iiNet. So, I just wanted to make sure what are these things and what tweak has to be done to use Eero? Thanks.
For the type of Mesh equipment that you'll purchase will depend on the structure of your premises.
Also, we can only provide basic configuration and troubleshooting for the device to work with our system.
Any advance or capability of the said devices, you may need to contact the equipment manufacturer.
basically for tpg internet which uses pppoe
1. You wont be able to plug in the cable directly to the eero (it only supports pppoa) for the internet to work.
you still need *any* modem that supports pppoe.
2. yuou ca nsetup the eero with your nbn modem either in bridge or double nat.
3. i had bridge mode configured but found I wasnt able to take advantage of teh full features of the eero. So i ended up double natting.
4. Will it be slow with double nat?
NO. as long as you got your configuration right (turn off wifi and other non essential i nthe ndnb modem) and are not using a 5year old nbn modem. you wont even notice it is there.
5. is it still worth usign the eero?
absolutely, i got the eero pro 6 mesh and the speeds, routing capability and wifi6 far exceeds the drawback of having to use a nbn modem separately.
any items missed, let me know what you need clarification, happy to assist.