TPG Community

Get online support

Amazon Eero Mesh Compatibility

sumanregmi45
Level 2
Hi, I am a TPG FTTB user and was provided with TP link router. Since the range of the router is not very good, I was thinking of buying Amazon Eero Mesh. But i read the review that eero mesh doesn’t work with the system. Is that true? What do you suggest? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @sumanregmi45 ,

We do not have information on how to set up Eero Mesh or recommend any specific brand. But we can provide basic settings on how to set up 3rd party / extension routers also we suggest to check on google best router extension that will fit the environment of the house.

Regards,

sumanregmi45
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I don't understand too much of technical things. But I have read that Eero doesn't support VLAN tagging and PPoE and have to be tweaked somehow to be used with TPG and other ISPs like iiNet. So, I just wanted to make sure what are these things and what tweak has to be done to use Eero? Thanks.

Shane

Hi @sumanregmi45,

We do not have information on how to configure or set up Eero mesh. But here are some threads that we have here in our community about setting up 3rd party mesh.

See links below.

Regards,

flavable
Level 2
Are you guys able to investigate the comparability of eero and other top mesh routers so we can determine what we can buy that works with your system?
flavable
Level 2
It's confusing because Basil has said it should work. But it's a very ambiguous 'should'. Any clarity?
BasilDV

Hi @flavable

For the type of Mesh equipment that you'll purchase will depend on the structure of your premises.

Also, we can only provide basic configuration and troubleshooting for the device to work with our system.

Any advance or capability of the said devices, you may need to contact the equipment manufacturer.

BasilDV