TPG Community

Get online support

Assistance Needed with TP-Link AX5400 (AX73) Router Setup

jkcperez24
Level 2
I am trying to set up my personal TP-Link AX5400 (model AX73) router, but I am not getting any internet connection. Interestingly, when I use the provided modem TP-Link AX5400 (model VC420-G2V), the internet connection works perfectly fine.

I would prefer to use my personal router (AX73) as it is better equipped to handle multiple devices. Could anyone please assist me in resolving this issue? I would appreciate any guidance or troubleshooting steps you can provide to help me.
3 REPLIES 3
adib_rahmang
Community Manager

Hi @jkcperez24,

You may need to connect with PPPoE by going to your modem's settings. You can check out the guide from TP Link.

The username and password will be your TPG Username/Password.

Archer AX73 V1 User Guide | TP-Link

jkcperez24
Level 2
Thanks for this advice. I tried this one already but there were still no internet connections
david64
Master

Hi @jkcperez24 .

The AX73 has to be in Wireless Router Mode. Go to Advanced > System > Operation Mode.

If you are on FTTP or Data Only plan, skip the following.

If you are on a Bundled NBN/VOIP plan (even if you don't use the phone), you need to set VLAN ID=2 for Internet and 0 for priority. Check setting on VX420.

This iiNet article has the setup for Archer C9 which is similar to (not quite the same as) the AX73.

https://help.iinet.net.au/how-set-tp-link-archer-c9-nbn-hfc