TPG Community

Get online support

BYO modem/router NBN FTTN VoIP ??

jlw8
Level 2

Is it possible to BYO modem/router for connection to FTTN with VoIP?  I have seen a couple articles listing if devices have compatibility issues, but this doesn't cover a lot of devices on the market. I have also seen messages that state that I have to use the TPG provided router to access VoIP because they are already set up.

Can you please confirm if I can buy my own and connect to my NBN FTTN with VoIP TPG plan?

Is there a way I can find out for sure if the device I decide to buy will work or not?

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @jlw8

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We do not have VOIP settings for 3rd party modems/routers; hence, if you are to get NBN BYO plan, it will be an internet service only. Whilst you can get a modem from us if you wish to have a bundled landline service. 

Regards, 

Angeli

emroe
Level 2

Hi Angeli

Is this still the case?  I spoke with someone at TPG today who assured me that you can byo modem with internet / voice bundles now?  Hopefully this is the case and tech support can advise setup information?

Thanks,

Greg

Ahra_G

Hi @emroe

For security reasons, the home phone component of our bundle is encrypted and requires the use of our modem, to make and receive phone calls. 

Here's an article on how to set up your BYO modem: 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G