TPG Community

Get online support

Can’t log in to Huawei HG 659 router

aiweechuah
Level 2
Hi I’ve tried logging in to my Huawei HG 659 modem using the default admin for username and password however it’s saying it’s incorrect.

I’ve never changed the log in details and the router was set up by a TPG technician. Do they change the log in details?
9 REPLIES 9
Ahra_G

Hi @aiweechuah

The modems that we sent are pre-configured with your TPG username & password. 

The default log-in details remain the same which is normally indicated on the sticker at the back of the modem. 

You may check these articles for reference:

Please don't hesitate to let us know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

aiweechuah
Level 2
Hi ahra I did use the default log in and password but it says there is an error
Ahra_G

Hi @aiweechuah

May I know the assistance you require or the need for logging in to the modem's interface? 

aiweechuah
Level 2
I would like to disable automatic 5G.

BasilDV

Hi @aiweechuah

If you are not able to login using the default username and password, then you need to factory reset the modem/router.

This is the only way as we can't retrieve the new admin username and password.

All of the settings that you've changed before will go back to its default once you've performed the factory reset.

BasilDV

aiweechuah
Level 2
If I factory reset, will the router still connect to the network? And I just have to redo the SSID settings etc?

BasilDV

Hi @aiweechuah

The modem/router usually reconnects to the server automatically within a few minutes, but in case you need to manually configure the modem/router.

You may check the links provided by @Ahra_G as it has a guide on Huawei configuration.

BasilDV

aiweechuah
Level 2
I see thank you.

The links don’t provide support for HG 659 router. Will the other models be similar to the HG 659 ?
BasilDV

Hi @aiweechuah

Yes, it is closely similar to other model.

You may check it here as well: New Connection Setup Help

BasilDV