TPG Community

Get online support

Can tpg confirm software for my Archer VR1600v is the latest

Riezl

Glad to be of help. Have a wonderful afternoon! Smiley Happy

kbryant83
Level 2

Hi @Riezl 

I have been searching around all afternoon to work out how to upgrade the firmware. Mine is the same as the OP with the same version. 

I am finding that occasionally (frequency once or twice per night) my internet will just drop out for 20secs or so and reconnect automatically. It tends not to do it during the day as I work from home but I thought there would be no harm in updating firmware while I troubleshoot the cause.

Shane

Hi @kbryant83,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help upgrade the firmware of the modem/router please send me the following details below.

Customer ID:
Username:
Address:
Make/Model: 
MAC Address: 
Hardware version: 
Firmware version:

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards, 

Hi @Riezl 

I have been searching around all afternoon to work out how to upgrade the firmware. Mine is the same as the OP with the same version. 

I am finding that occasionally (frequency once or twice per night) my internet will just drop out for 20secs or so and reconnect automatically. It tends not to do it during the day as I work from home but I thought there would be no harm in updating firmware while I troubleshoot the cause.

kbryant83
Level 2

Done, thanks @Shane 

If you have any ideas about my random disconnect/reconnection issue, I'd love some help!

Thread: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Frequent-Disconnection-Reconnection/m-p/93996

Shane

Hi @kbryant83 ,

Thanks for sending me your details. I was able to locate the account using the given details and ran an initial test. The result shows dropouts on the modem/router's connection to our network.

Aside from the firmware upgrade, please confirm your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow. We'll have one of our Technicians to contact you tomorrow for real-time test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Done, thanks @Shane 

If you have any ideas about my random disconnect/reconnection issue, I'd love some help!

Thread: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Frequent-Disconnection-Reconnection/m-p/93996

chrisj211073
Level 2

Hey there, While we are on the subject of firmware, Could you please check my version is up to date.

I am a long time TPG customer. I have this same NBN Modem with you guys.

Archer VR1600v

firmware version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware Version : Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

I have a feeling it may need an update....

If there is an update, please get back to me, I do know how to install it, if there is an update

Chris.

Riezl

Hi @chrisj211073 , your modem has the latest firmware. If you are having issues, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

thefon
Level 2

Hi @Shane @Riezl ,  I tried to PM but send message is disabled.

Please check that I have the latest firmware. My connection drops a few times a day, and is often VERY slow (eg. when it rains).

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

MAC Address:7C:8B:CA:93:FC:82

(my forum email is the same as TPG account email)

Adrian

Riezl

Hi @thefon , please note that your modem has the latest firmware. We have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable at the moment. We have seen a network improvement in your area yesterday, which possibly the reason why you've experienced the issue. If it persists, please let us know so we can check further. Thank you.

chrisj211073
Level 2

No, Im not having any issues, I was just curious.